Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Asana Practice Week Three


Today was a hard day for me in practice. I was slightly anemic (thanks to my Crohn’s disease diet) and was feeling pretty exhausted at the beginning of class. I honestly did not want to put too much effort into doing the poses in class. I was counting down the minutes until savasana but I am glad that I did not give up on at least attempting each pose. Even though I was tired throughout the whole practice, I still felt like I was able to get some benefit out of it. I actually saw that I had improved in some of the poses! There are a few poses that I feel like I am seeing progress in: downward dog and the Sage’s pose (I think that is what the sitting twist was called). On downward dog, I feel like I am getting my back a little straighter each time I practice and I am getting better at putting the weight into my legs. It is still not really a comfortable resting pose for me, but I hope that someday it will be. I also felt myself twist a lot farther in the Sage’s pose. Seeing this progress has encouraged me to keep up with the practice, even when I am not feeling energized enough to do it. 

2 comments:

  1. I definitely know the feeling of coming in and being tired, and I never thought that being on a mat for almost an hour (plus savasana at the end) would refresh me so much, but it always does. Glad to hear other people experiencing similar things from this class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Yoga tends to give a lot of energy back, when we are depleted.

    ReplyDelete